The Choice May Be Simpler Than You Thought
While you’ve likely heard and seen the delivery options before, you might not be aware of what really sets them apart and which one would be best for your needs. That’s where we come in. We’re here to tell you all about these delivery options so that you can make an educated decision on which one is the best for you.
Shipping Options 101
Here at MassageChairPlanet.com, we offer curbside and White-Glove delivery options. What exactly does that mean? Curbside typically means dropping off your new massage chair at your carport or front entrance. While it may sound like it is literally going to the curb, we should be able to have your chair delivered near your door unless unforeseen circumstances prevent the delivery team from doing so.
This method is provided for free to all our customers.
White-Glove delivery is a service offered where our delivery team will bring the chair into the exact room and spot you want it to be, assemble it, do a test-run with you, and if you want, take away any trash left behind. It is still your responsibility to determine if the chair is working as it should and there isn’t any damage, but the team will do everything they can to help you get it set up and ready to go.
How Do You Know What You Need?
We often get asked whether White-Glove is needed in a particular situation because it is an additional charge ($199). Many customers want to make sure it is worth the money.
After working with customers for years, we’ve learned that there are definitely things that you should consider when you’re choosing a delivery option, and often it will be affected by your experience with these chairs and your physical capabilities. Here are our tips:
Choosing Between Curbside & White-Glove
- If you are unable to lift up to and over 200 lbs and do not have assistance or a tool like a dolly to help you do so, white glove delivery might be the better option for you as massage chairs often weigh around 250 lbs if not more.
- White-Glove delivery is the better option if you don’t feel comfortable assembling your new chair and don’t have someone you can call who does. Some assembly is more straightforward than others, but you should always prepare for there to be a decent amount of work required if you’re opting for curbside delivery.
- If you’re familiar with massage chair assembly and feel comfortable moving the chair around your home, you can certainly choose curbside. If you’ve injured yourself, are sick, or otherwise physically limited, then White-Glove is the better option.
More Things to Consider
Here are a few more things to consider when dealing with the massage chair shipping/delivery.
- It is very possible that the team providing the white-glove service and assembling your chair have never done so before. They might be heavily relying on the owner’s manual.
- You may be able to work with the delivery team if you can assemble the chair yourself and just need it moved into the right spot. You can also try to borrow or rent a dolly or invite a friend over for pizza so that you’ll have the extra muscle needed.
- Lifting the chair out of the box will also require a decent amount of work. This is where a friend can be really helpful if you don’t opt for White-Glove.
- Some chairs are very easy to put together and all you need to do is zip on some pieces or attach armrests. In the case of newer and more complex massage chairs, however, they typically come in several boxes. Typically one for the body of the chair with one or more for the arms and ottoman. These can be more challenging and time-consuming to assemble.
- Our sales team should be able to help you determine how difficult it will be to put a particular chair together if you want to try and opt for curbside delivery. Additionally, there are electronic components, so if that doesn’t seem like something you can handle allow the White-Glove team to assist you.
- On the off-chance that you think you might be returning the chair, keep the original packaging until you’re sure that you’re keeping the chair. This goes for White-Glove or curbside. When returning a chair, that original packaging is required or you might incur an additional fee. For more about the return policy, click here.
With this information in hand, we hope that making the decision between curbside and White-Glove has become a bit easier. If you have any questions about our delivery options, be sure to check out our shipping policy page here. You can also give us a call, email us at email@example.com, or reach out through the LiveChat on our website.
We want to make sure that your purchase process is as easy and successful as possible, so don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have any issues or need help. Our team of sales experts is ready to help you with any questions or concerns you might have.